Official Rules: “Dinner with Ina” Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Timing: The “Dinner with Ina” Contest (the “Contest”) begins on February 27, 2014, at 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on March 9, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Contessa Premium Foods, and any of its affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, in-laws, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Contest constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and by the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, “follow” Ina Garten [@inagarten] on Instagram or Twitter or “like” Ina Garten on Facebook. Post an original image of Barefoot Contessa Sauté Dinners for Two on Twitter or Instagram and include the hashtag #InaDinners. For Facebook, post the original image in the comment field under the contest announcement post. Once you complete these steps, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Contest.
By submitting your image (“Submission”), you agree that it conforms to the Submission Requirements as set forth below. Any Submission not in compliance with these Submission Requirements shall be void.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including copyright infringement;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest;
- The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Submission in this Contest;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction; and
- The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind.
Limit: You may enter as many times as you wish (i.e., submit as many images as meet the Submission Requirements set forth above).
4. Winner Selection and Notification: On or about March 10th, 2014, Ina Garten, whose decisions regarding the Contest entries and related matters are final and binding, will choose a maximum of two (2) potential Grand Prize winners from all of the valid entries received during the Contest Period. Selections will be made based on the following judging criterion: Creativity (100%). The potential winner will be notified on all of Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on or about March 12th, 2014. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within forty-eight (48) hours of the first attempt to contact him/her, potential winner forfeits prize, and an alternate participant will be selected in his/her place at random from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prize will be fulfilled 8-10 weeks after winner confirmation.
5. Prize: TWO (2) GRAND PRIZE: Two (2) Grand Prize winners will each receive a trip for two to New York, NY. Trip package includes: (a) roundtrip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to New York, NY; (b) roundtrip ground transportation to/from the New York City airport to the hotel; (c) 2 days and 1 night’s accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy); and (d) dinner with Ina Garten at a fine dining restaurant to be determined by Ina Garten and Sponsor in their sole discretion. Winner and Sponsor will work together to plan travel dates that are mutually agreeable to both potential winner(s) and Ina Garten. BOTH GRAND PRIZE WINNERS WILL SHARE THE “DINNER WITH INA” PRIZE COMPONENT AND WILL DINE WITH EACH OTHER AND THEIR RESPECTIVE GUESTS. THEREFORE, BOTH GRAND PRIZE WINNERS WILL TRAVEL AND DINE ON THE SAME DATES. Travel must be roundtrip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Contest, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, additional ground transportation, personal hotel charges for goods and services consumed/used, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on same dates as the winner host. If winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, travel companion must be winner’s parent/legal guardian. Travel companion may be required to execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize: $2,000. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $4,000. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor. Limit: One (1) prize per person. Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules in order to claim a prize.
6. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration. Once posted, all Submissions belong to Barefoot Contessa and can be used, repurposed, and reprinted in future materials.
7. General Conditions: Sponsor is not responsible for problems with the submissions, including, but not limited to, lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, or cancel the Contest, and select the winner(s) from the eligible entries received prior to the modification, suspension, or cancellation. Sponsor agrees to take such action in a fair and appropriate manner. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any other participant’s submission or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. Release and Limitation of Liability: BY RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE, WINNER AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, FACEBOOK, INC., TWITTER, INC., INSTAGRAM, LLC AND ANY PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OF EACH OF THEIR PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, AFFILIATE AND RELATED COMPANIES, AND EACH OF ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION OF ANY KIND ARISING, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Contest submissions, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (4), late, lost, undeliverable, or damaged mail; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity. Each winner also further acknowledges that the Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any prize or this Contest including but not limited to quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose. If for any reason a participant’s submission is confirmed to have been erroneously lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, participant’s sole remedy is another submission and thereby another entry into the Contest. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
9. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate courts located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A.; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
10. Sponsor: Contessa Premium Foods, 1603 Carmody Court, Suite 302, Sewickley, PA 15143.
11. Entrant’s Personal Information: Information collected from entrant is subject to Sponsor’s standard procedures to protect and maintain confidential information and Sponsor’s Terms and Conditions as set forth at http://www.contessa.com/terms-conditions/. Information will not be disclosed except as set forth herein.
12. Winners’ List: For the names of the persons receiving prizes in the Contest, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Dinner With Ina Contest,” 56 West 22nd Street, 3rd Floor, NY, NY 10010. Requests must be received by April 30, 2014.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Information is being provided to Sponsor, not Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
“Dinner with Ina” Contest
Abbreviated rules for online Ads – Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Enter Contest by: 3/9/14. To enter and for Official Rules, visit www.barefoot.contessa.com
Abbreviated Rules for online Ads – Not a Banner; offline advertisements, entry forms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. . Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.), 18 years or older. Enter Contest by: 3/9/14. To enter and for Official Rules, including prize descriptions, visit www.barefoot.contessa.com. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: Contessa Premium Foods, 1603 Carmody Court, Suite 302, Sewickley, PA 15143.